chron job with GC

John Rakestraw lists at johnrakestraw.com
Thu Nov 3 13:30:26 EDT 2011

Hi, Paul --

On Thu, 03 Nov 2011, Paul Schwartz wrote:
> Sounds interesting. I downloaded the 2.6 version of ledger from the
> Ubuntu repository. Tried it on one of my 2.2.x files and got only
> invalid date messages for 7 lines. Any hints on what to do?

I guess I would find out what date format ledger is expecting (ledger's
default for its own purposes is YYYY/MM/DD) and compare that to the date
format in the gnucash xml. Sorry to say I'm not much help on the reading
gnucash file side of things -- perhaps others can comment on that. I first
used ledger to generate reports out of my gnucash data file (it did that
successfully, perhaps 18 months ago) but perhaps things have changed in
the meantime. (I've now left Gnucash behind and keep my finances in ledger
format in a plain text file.)

--
John Rakestraw