Upgrade from 2.2.9 to current stable ver

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Nov 3 15:14:59 EDT 2011

Hi,

Richard Bishopp <rbishopp44 at gmail.com> writes:

> First I'm sorry for asking.  I think this was covered but couldn't find the
> answer myself.  Just a little computer challenged at times.
>
> Been using 2.2.9 on Vista Premium without too much trouble.  Thinking of
> going to current now. Thought I would wait til the end of the year but
> getting anxious.
> Do I need to uninstall the current version on my computer (2.2.9) ?  What
> do I need to save for data files ?  Any tricks or stumbling blocks for
> Vista ?  Last install went fine.

I do not believe you must uninstall first, but it doesn't hurt.  As for
your data files, you should back them up but most likely 2.4.x will just
pick up where 2.2.x left off, and when you launch 2.4 your data file
will just open.  Worst case you may need to File -> Open the old data
file once.

The only main stumbling is going to be any saved reports.  Those wont
carry over from 2.2 to 2.4.