Query on version update

Hazel Marshall hjmarshall at adam.com.au
Fri Nov 4 20:01:16 EDT 2011

Hope I am not about to ask a dumb question . . .

I initially installed GnuCash version 2.4.5 and I  have just downloaded the GnuCash version 2.4.8 release (for MacOSX) and opened the "update Dirs" folder.  Nothing actually opened when I did this  and I cannot tell whether an update actually took place.  When I open GnuCash it still shows the version as 2.4.5.  Should it now read 2.4.8 to signify that the update has actually taken effect?

Am I supposed to "drag and drop" the "update Dirs" icon somewhere on the system - rather than just click "open"

Your guidance would be much appreciated.

Kind regards
Hazel Marshall
Australia