"t" key is bound to window

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Nov 5 12:36:37 EDT 2011

On Nov 5, 2011, at 7:12 AM, Michael P. Reilly wrote:

> Hi, have a very peculiar behavior that started earlier this week.  When in
> register based entry field, typing a 't" does not enter the character, but
> instead causes the "Online Banking Connection Window" to pop-up.  The same
> behavior occurs in a budget field.  The 't' key is correctly bound to the
> character in entry fields in any dialogs (like the Online Banking
> Connection Window).
>
> Particulars:
> Ubuntu 11.10
> GnuCash 2.4.7 (rb5bdf19+) - loaded from the Ubuntu repository
>
> Steps to reproduce:
> Create a new, empty file.
> Open a new Accounts page.
> Create an account ('t' does work here).
> Open a register for the new account.
> Click in any field (for budget, may need to enter twice, neither 't' is
> displayed)
> Type the 't' key
> Wait for dialog
>
> The Shift-t, Ctrl-t and Alt-t characters all work as expected and 't' is
> the only key with the problem.  I've gone through all the
> ~/.gconf/apps/gnucash files, looking more closely at ones that changed in
> the last five days, and found nothing relevant.
>
> Attached is the output from 'gnucash --debug --log=debug --logto=stderr'.
>
> Any clues would be appreciated.  Thank you.

You've managed to set a keyboard shortcut on a menu item (probably one of the Actions>Online Banking entries), which you can do on Linux by highlighting the menu item and pressing a key combination. This is stored in the file ~/.gnucash/accelerator-map. You can edit that file (when Gnucash isn't running) or you can find the menu item with the offending shortcut and change it to something else.

Regards,
John Ralls