LNK Missing, but using SQL DB

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Tue Nov 8 07:44:18 EST 2011

Hi,

On Tue, November 8, 2011 7:33 am, Andre Mateus Gava wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>

> I and my team are bored with a msg showed at GnuCash start up.
>

> We are using a server running MySQL 5.5 as GnuCash DB Server and when the
> second client connects a "lock" msg appears. This msg must be present just
> when is using a xml file as storage.
>

> Is this a bug?

Nope.

GnuCash does NOT support multiple, simultaneous users.
The message is specifically telling you that there is already someone
connected to the Database when your second client connects.  It is NOT a
bug.  You can do extreme harm to your data when you have two people
connected, because they will not see each others' work.

> Regards.

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745