Multiple transaction matching

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 8 09:18:16 EST 2011

Hi,

"William D. Bailey " <bill at wdbailey.com> writes:

> After importing checking account transactions from a CSV file, the "Generic
> Transaction Matcher" is displayed listing all of the transactions as "New
> UNBALANCED ." and allowing me to select each transaction separately and
> assign an income or expense account.  Is there a way to select multiple
> transactions and "batch" assign an account to all transactions selected?

No, unfortunately there is no way to operate on multiple transactions at
once.  The best way to get this working is to enable Bayesian Matching
(Edit -> Preferences [Online Banking]) and then import a small set of
transactions to prime the system (making sure to assign the correct
accounts in the Generic Txn Matcher), and then import the rest of your
txns.

Once they are imported your only option is to fix them one-by-one.