multi currencies

Kevin Liddle kevin.liddle at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 14:41:36 EST 2011

Hi,

I am busy setting myself up for gnucash and like what i see so far.

A few questions:

1.        I am base in Zimbabwe so my locale currency has been set at ZWL
but we are actually now working in USD.  The problem that I can foresee is
that my balance sheet does not total up the assets, etc. properly as it
gives 0 balances on the ZWL.

a.       How do I go about changing my locale currency so that everything
gets summarised nicely?

2.       I have some investments in ZAR.  I see it is possible to record
this value in ZAR but is it possible to ensure that this gets rolled up into
the overall balance sheet at the exchange rate at the time?

Thanks

Kevin