Statement of Owner's Equity Report Customization

Nicolae Crisan nicolaefc at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 18:27:44 EST 2011

I'm glad I'm using GnuCash to complete my Accounting assignments. It's
beneficial in a big way to me and to the project because it reveals
the strengths and weaknesses of the software. One problem I've run
into is the customization of the "Equity Statement" report. The
problem is essentially that the ending capital balance is (for some
odd reason) $0.00. I have an account called "Kevin Gilmour, Capital"
(classified as an equity account) with a credit balance. For some
reason the program does not want to pull in this figure and the
problem is NOT the date range. I have used the widest possible date
range and the program simply fails to call the balance to the report.
I will try to attach a screenshot so you can see what I'm referring
to.