Help installing gnc-fq-update

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Nov 9 03:33:49 EST 2011

On Wednesday 09 Nov 2011 04:30:03 jay ipsen wrote:
> I am a gnucash user of around 2 years.  I would like to install the stock
> price update feature, but have not been successful.  I have very little
> programing knowledge.  The help section states -Second, locate the folder
> where GnuCash is installed by searching for “gnc-fq-update” (without the
> quotes).-  I have searched for the file using Nautilus, but it does not
> produce any results.  Thus I can not locate the folder that gnucash is
> installed in.  What am I doing wrong?
>
> The operating system I am using is Ubuntu 11.10.
>
> Thanks for any assistance.
>

> Jay Ipsen

Hi Jay,

If you are semi-comfortable with the shell, try the command

which gnc-fq-update

This will give you the full path to that program, if it is in one of the
directories that make up the $PATH environmental variable for runnable
programs.  (it is in /usr/bin/ on my SuSE 11.4 / GC 2.4.7 system)

HTH,
Maf.