How to install GnuCash 2.4.8 on Windows 7

Hedley Finger hedley.finger at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 06:13:31 EST 2011

I would prefer to use a MySQL database instead of an XML file.  Can someone
point me to the instructions for installing GnuCash with MySQL  on Windows
7 please?

I tried Save As MySQL but could not understand the notation

     mysql://localhost/gnucash/

I know that localhost is my own computer, but what does the complete URL
mean.  Also, how do you set up the username and password for the database.

My apologies if this sounds pretty dumb, but I do not understand how the
GnuCash + MySQL partnership is supposed to work.

Regards,
Hedley

--

Hedley Finger