funny invoice posting behaviour?

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Fri Nov 11 06:34:46 EST 2011

On dinsdag 8 november 2011, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> Oops, sorry -- reposting from my subscribed account.
>
> Here's some better data.
>
> I installed the debug symbols, and then ran GnuCash at the command
> line thus:
>
>     $ gnucash --debug
>
> I attach the complete trace file.
>

> The event at 12:03:27 in the trace file is me attempting to post the
> invoice (again).
Unfortunately your trace file doesn't contain any error. The CRIT warning you
mentioned in your previous mail is not there, so there is no context to figure
out what is happening.

> An extremely funny thing about this invoice is that if you search for
> the invoice in the Find Invoice dialogue, the invoice has a Posted
> date.
A valid date ? Or December 31st 1969 ?
> If you select the invoice for View/Edit, however, the invoice
> comes up open for editing and unposted.
>
> Clues welcome.  Have I failed to read something in the fine manual?

What date format do you use ? I mean, how does your system format short dates
? And how have you configured GnuCash to format short dates ?

Geert