funny invoice posting behaviour?

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Fri Nov 11 11:24:36 EST 2011

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 12:34:46PM +0100, Geert Janssens wrote:

> Unfortunately your trace file doesn't contain any error. The CRIT warning you
> mentioned in your previous mail is not there, so there is no context to figure
> out what is happening.

Yes, I noticed that too :(

> What date format do you use ? I mean, how does your system format short dates
> ? And how have you configured GnuCash to format short dates ?

My system is configured to use en-CA.UTF-8.  I can't actually tell how
short dates are configured: the system sometimes seems to display
things as 11-11-11 and sometimes as Fri 11 Nov (I'm not used to
Ubuntu's new interface, and I haven't played much with it).  I've
configured GnuCash to format dates as ISO dates.  If I could figure
out how to convince Ubuntu's new GUI that it wanted my input, I'd set
it up that way too.

Other interesting facts: If I print the invoice, it (now) has a Due
Date of December 31, 1969 and an Invoice Date of November 1, 2011.
When I search for it, it says it was Opened 2011-11-01 and Posted
2011-11-01 (but the "post" button is still active).  Also, the invoice
shows up as (posted) when selected for printing.  However, it doesn't
show up in the customer report.

I just tried to add a new invoice, and the same behaviour happens.

I did install a virtual 10.04 LTS and (using the same file) with 2.2.9
it seems to work fine.  The next thing I will try is to install
2.4.latest on that system, and see whether it makes a difference.

Thanks for your help!

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com