OFX Import

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 17 00:13:10 EST 2011

On Nov 16, 2011, at 9:58 PM, Kew, Martin Scott - kewms001 wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am a new gnucash user (revision 2.4.8, Windows XP) where I am having a problem importing bank transactions using the OFX import feature. When I attempt to import I get an empty "generic transaction matcher" window. Attached is the .oxf file used, this file contains a single transaction.
>

> Regards
>
> Martin

The <TRNTYPE> in that example is invalid. There are only 17 allowed options for <TRNTYPE> and they are all caps, no spaces or symbols.

My comment is based on 1.0.3, 2.0.3, and 2.1.1 versions of the ofx spec. This isn't the kind of thing they change much, if ever. My guess as to the correct <TRNTYPE> for the example transaction is POS. I think you'll have to use the memo to tell that you got cash back.

I believe the reason you see the blank transaction matcher window is that the importer throws away invalid transactions, and you have no valid transactions left.

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net