import from excel

Phillip Katete pekatete at icreateofx.co.uk
Thu Nov 17 09:27:30 EST 2011

> This script won't work with windows, but is not actually necessary.
> Some years ago I worked out a procedure to create a qif in excel.  I
> am not familiar with libreoffice but suspect it will work with that
> too.  I am certain it works with Open Office Calc.  I never made much
> use of it because it doesn't work with quickbooks, where it would be
> more useful.  Be glad to pass it on to anyone who wants it.
>
> Regards, Bob Taylor
> philologos at mindspring dot com

For windows, you can use <a href="http://icreateofx.com/">iCreateOFX Basic</a>
from http://icreateofx.com/ which can convert CSV (excel) files to QIF and OFX.
The program also has pre-configured scripts for some banks though it contains a
genericCSV file loader which takes care of headed csv files. The program also
supports multiple currencies for OFX file creation where the CSV file contains
several currencies.