gnuCash on IOS

Yawar Amin yawar.amin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 16:36:37 EST 2011

Hi,

2011/11/17 Юрий Васильцов <wolgan at transhuman.ru>

> Hello!
> Your wonderful program gnuCash is for all desktop OS, including a version
> for MacOs X.
> Please tell me whether it will be ported to IOS and IPad? Generally
> possible to port a program gnuCash on IOS?
> Is there some kind of global causes, the fact that it is still not on a
> mobile device?

Speaking philosophically, GnuCash is GPL'd software and some people feel
the GPL is against restrictive, `wall-garden' platforms like iOS (where
Apple decides which software is allowed in the App Store). E.g. the VLC and
app store controversy:
http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2010/11/the-vlc-ios-license-dispute-and-how-it-could-spread-to-android.ars

Given this uncertainty, I personally would not want to put effort into GPL
software for iOS.

Regards,

Yawar