Counter Number Format

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Sat Nov 26 11:09:10 EST 2011

Hi,

On Sat, November 26, 2011 8:49 am, Lloyd wrote:
> I've seen a few questions to this on the forums, but no definitive answer.
> What is the correct format to change the number format for say Invoices.
> If
> I wanted to prefix with an I, can I just not use I %d (set in
> file->properties, counters) ?  What ever I do seems to be ignored.

The feature was, unfortunately, poorly designed.  It only accepts the
G_INT64_FORMAT string for your platform.  That means the format is
extremely brittle to changes in OS and CPU!  On Windows you need to use
%I64d, and on Linux you need to use %lld or %ld depending on whether
you're on a 32- or 64-bit system.

That *should* get it to work for you, but I've never tried it myself so I
cannot guarantee that will work.

I don't know if it will accept something like %6.6ld.

> thanks
>
> Lloyd

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745