Nightmare on Lion Street

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Nov 28 09:59:59 EST 2011

On Nov 27, 2011, at 11:55 PM, Syahmi Naim wrote:

> Am trying to download version 2.4.8 but each time I install - get the message - Powerpc is not supported. Urgently need to get moving as have upgraded to Lion OS and didnt realise before starting that my beloved Gnucash would not work

First, make sure that you got the right download: It should be called Gnucash-Intel-2.4.8.dmg. (Lion is intel-only, so you must have an Intel machine.)

If you got the right dmg, then please give us a bit more detail: At what point do you get the message, where do you get the message (in a dialog box? from Console?) and look in Console (/Applications/Utilities/Console) for more detailed errors and post them as well.

Regards,
John Ralls