gnucash-user archives unsearchable on Google Chrome

prl prl at ozemail.com.au
Wed Nov 30 19:28:58 EST 2011

Are the archives really unsearchable, or is the search page just a mess?
It's a mess on both OS X Firefox and Safari, but it still works.

Just enter your text in the box next to the "<?=T_(" button and press
enter or click on the button.

Searching in that way for "gnucash-user archives unsearchable" (without
the quotes) found the posts in this discussion straight off in both
Firefox and Safari.

Both browsers whinge about the self-signed certificate used by
https://lists.gnucash.org/search/; just tell them to go ahead. Examine
the certificate if you like, but self-signed certificates don't really
give you the protection against man-in-the-middle attacks that properly
CA-signed certificates would, so it matters little what the certificate
says that it certifies.

Peter