Wells Fargo Bank changes

Jimmy Crossley jcrossley at conetrix.com
Wed Nov 30 20:35:40 EST 2011

I think the changes are adding more security because Quicken (and gnucash) used to use a 4 digit PIN.  Now the longer, more secure password is used.  Here are the requirements for the password:

    Must be 6 to 14 characters.
    Must contain at least one letter and one number.
    May not repeat the same number or letter more than 3 times in a row.
    May not contain more than 3 sequential numbers or letters (such as '1234' or 'abcd') in a row.
    May contain special characters (such as @, %, &, #).

>From https://online.wellsfargo.com/das/channel/helpText?key=fieldhelp_PasswordCreation

This e-mail message (and attachments) may contain confidential information.  Then again, it may not.