Scholarships And Grants

ArcherSam archersam at live.com
Sun Oct 2 08:56:44 EDT 2011

Thanks for all the post! Sorry for the late reply, busy week!

The scholarships and grants I have been awarded are first managed by the
university for the semester. After the first few weeks, I get a refund, or
part of the financial aid that is not being used. Everything that the
university paid off during their period of management is recorded on my
account with the university.

What I am wanting to do is manage these transactions with GnuCash to make
sure that the funds cannot be disputed if a conflict arrise and so I can
make logical decisions about my funds.

Also I recieved a restricted debit card(I can only use it for food at the
university cafe) that comes a set amount of meals a week and a set amount of
funds. Which I account in: Assets:Purchased:Flex Bucks .

So I was thinking that any of my loans would go in: Liabilities:Loans:(Loan)
I would put payments in: Expenses:Educational
I would put purchases in: Assets:Purchases

*** Set-up Summary ***
Assets
 Purchases
Expenses
 Educational
 Interest
  Loans
Liabilities
 Loans

I apologize if this email seems a little confusing, probably because I am
confused; but my /main objective /is to *set-up a my account to manage my
educational expenses, liabilities, assets, and income*.