Transaction Search.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Oct 7 11:17:48 EDT 2011

"Colin Scott" <gnucash at double-bars.net> writes:

>> I believe you would have to do it in two stages:
>>
>> 1) Search for transactions that relate to list A
>> 2) Refine that search, search for txns that relate to list B
>>
>> This presumes that the "Find" from the search window will allow you
>> refine, which I don't know if the UI supports.  The underlying
>> Query code
>> would, but the UI might not.
>
> I tried to do that, and at least in theory you can refine an existing query.  However, in all cases I tried the second step failed to find any transactions, even when I know such txns do exist.

Oh, right, because there's not a query term method to search for an
"other account".  The search is really searching Splits, not
Transactions, and the query Split->Acc == Acc1 & Split->Acc == Acc2 is
always the Empty Set.  I think you're right that there is no way to
easily query for what you're asking right now.