Gnucash 2.4.7 installation Ubuntu 10.04

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Fri Oct 7 11:30:20 EDT 2011

On vrijdag 7 oktober 2011, David Ryder wrote:
>  I started a new topic as this deals with uninstalling.
>
>  From Re: Gnucash versions I had a reply:
>
> Off-topic (?) The instructions I had for installing gnucash 2.4.7 on
> Ubuntu 10.04/10.10 made no mention of lib-dbi.
>
> Where did you get your instructions from ?
>
> Geert
>

>  The instructions have been removed from the site. I still have the
> instructions but decided that as they had been removed it was better to
> follow this installation for 10.04
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building#Ubuntu_10.04_LTS_.28Lucid_Lynx.29
> which was a link for installing in Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10

These instructions are for building GnuCash yourself. That's probably not what
you had in mind. And these instructions are for older unstable gnucash
versions and probably have to be updated.

>  OK. I just clicked the link for Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx). Yes, it
> installed but when I ran it I found it had installed the latest unstable
> build, not 2.4.7.
>
>  It created two folders in my home folder, 'development' and 'unstable'. No
> need to tell me - I simply assumed that was because it was not intended
> for 10.04.
>
>  Apart from deleting these two folders, does anybody know how I can undo
> what it installed elsewhere?
If you followed the instructions exactly, then you had the two directories in
your home directory and some packages that got installed, some of which were
probably already installed.
I don't work on Ubuntu but you could used your package manager to remove the
unwanted packages again. It is safe to remove all the packages ending in -dev.

The others, maybe. Someone working on Ubuntu can perhaps give you more
details.

Now to install GnuCash 2.4.7 on Ubuntu, I remember hearing something about a
getdeb ppa. Perhaps that is more what you are looking for [1].

Geert

[1] http://www.ubuntuupdates.org/ppa/getdeb_apps