[Feature Requests] Account Should Not Always Be Assumed For A Given Memo

Don Quixote de la Mancha quixote at dulcineatech.com
Fri Oct 7 20:33:03 EDT 2011

Most of my transactions that have a given Memo entry always go to the
same account, so it is fine that GnuCash assumes what the Account
field is going to be and enters it for me.

But some of my Memo entries require different accounts.  That's the
case for my bank, for which I have the different kinds of bank service
charges split into different subaccounts.  It is inconvenient that
GnuCash often assumes the wrong account and enters it for me.  I have
to back up and change it.

When considering whether to default the account, GnuCash should check
whether the given Memo always goes to the same account, or often goes
to different accounts.

Thanks,

Don Quixote

--