Print invoice with payments shown?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Oct 18 10:05:11 EDT 2011

TPWard <terence at terencepward.com> writes:

> Nope - there is nothing in Gnucash that is intuitive enough for me to guess,
> I'm afraid.  Would that do the trick?  If so, what steps would it take to
> print the invoice (other than, for example, just bringing up the invoice and
> hitting control-p a couple of times)?
>
> I guess you're saying that there's no simple default setting for that?

No, there is no way to change the default settings on an Invoice.  You
have a few options for what you can do:

1) after you post the invoice you can click on the "print invoice"
   button and then change the report options every time.

2) you can adjust the invoice once and leave it open (don't close it).
   Then the next time you post an invoice instead of clicking on the
   "print invoice" button you go to the open invoice report tab, click
   on the report options, and then on the General tab search for the
   invoice you just posted.  Then click apply.

3) similar to #2 except instead of keeping the report open you go into
   the report options, change the report's name (e.g. My Custom
   Invoice), and then Add Report.  Then after you post a new invoice
   instead of "print invoice" you go to Reports -> Custom -> My Custom
   Invoice and then go to the report options, General, and select the
   newly posted invoice.

4) You could make some changes to the invoice.scm file.  However these
   changes will get overwritten anytime you upgrade the application.

Good Luck,