file extensions

Harold hh6199 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 18 14:35:44 EDT 2011

Sorry, it is just a quirk of mine. In SuperOS (Ubuntu) 10.10, the Gnucash version is 2.2.9 and it doesn't have a file extension. That version works fine for me. When I do a backup to my flash drive, I click File, SaveAs, and save it to the flash drive with same name as previous and it works fine. Then I do a second File, SaveAs to the HD and have the same file in both places. It seems that in version 2.3.15 and later there is a warning about renaming after opening a backup instead of replacing the old file with an updated one. That part seems odd to me and I haven't had a problem with having to rename in the 2.2.9 version. Hope what I am talking about is not confusing.

I did wonder, if version 2.2.9 works fine then what could be the great improvements in version 2.4.7 other than a default file extension?

Thanks,
Harold