Computer Hardware Asset, Depreciation, and Expense Clarification

cgsmith chris at cgsmith.net
Wed Oct 19 01:07:56 EDT 2011

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.  This is for a business.  I know the scheme and
everything that I will be using.  I guess my only question is the Newegg
Invoice.

I entered it in as a bill but then the account the bill I currently have
posted to is Expenses:Computer Hardware.

Is this correct? I hope I am being clear on this.

I understand the whole Assets:Checking Account -> Assets:Server:Cost stuff.
But what about the "Expense Account" under the bill received from the
vendor?

Thanks again for the assistance.