New to GNU - How do I alter my opening balances?

dameenjr heavenslight4oahu at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 21:45:27 EDT 2011

I'm new to GNU and I set up a basic file with various accounts.

in the set up of course all my balances are $0.00.

I went to my online bank and downloaded into .ofx files and imported them
into my various accounts, three of them. For some reason, when I import from
1/1/2011, the beginning few transactions online do not show the current
balance. They are simply blank. So I could calculate backward and come up
with the opening balance.

However, now that the account is set up and I've imported the data, the
ending balance does not match in GNU with my online account.

for instance my savings account has a current balance of $300.06. But
looking at the imported data and the account in GNU has a current balance of
$79.17, since the starting balance on the account is $0.00.

How can I revise my starting balance to be the correct $220.84?

Thanks for the help!

David