Announcement: GnuCash 2.4.8 Release

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Oct 23 18:29:38 EDT 2011

On Oct 23, 2011, at 12:27 PM, suk wah bernstein wrote:

> i installed gnucash 2.4.7 a month ago on mac os x 10.6.8. do i need to
> update to 2.4.8? if yes, how? just hit download  ? thanks.

Just repeat what you did with 2.4.7: Download it from sourceforge (use the link on www.gnucash.org), open the dmg, and drag gnucash to /Applications.

Please do make sure that you keep your data file somewhere not in your Library folder; because of the log and backup files, you might prefer to keep it in a separate folder (I use Documents/Accounts) to keep the clutter out of your home folder. If you do move it, you'll have to use File>Open again to open it.

Regards,
John Ralls