[MAINT,YANO] Yet Another Network Outage

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Oct 27 10:13:13 EDT 2011

Hey all,

I appologize again for the 16 hour outage.  Comcast, my network
provider, inadvertantly double-booked a net-block and assigned me the
same block as another customer.  So the outages over the past few days
have been the result of that customer and I fighting it out.  I finally
got to someone last night who determined the actual problem, but as a
result I got renumbered.  As a result of the renumbering I had to get a
number of other pointers updated to the new address and that finally
took as of a few minutes ago.

SO.... Packets are now flowing again, and HOPEFULLY we wont have this
kind of outage again.  *fingers crossed*

Again, I am very sorry for the inconvenience.  Hopefully this will be
the last one.  (at least until the power outages start ;)

-derek, your friendly neighborhood sysadmin.