Parallel system

GOODSYSTEMS goodsystems at gs11011.com
Sun Oct 30 13:41:10 EDT 2011

I have used gnucash for some time, very happily. Now, I am trying to load a
second copy to a different O/S on the same computer, and use existing data from
the first install. This would be a great convenience, as it would allow simple
access without having to reboot (I do development work, and having both O/S's is
a necessity for testing).

My older gnucash install is v2.0*, running on Windows XP. The newer install is
v2.4.8, running on Vista. Both O/S's are up to date.

I was able to install v2.4.8 successfully on the Vista side, but I cannot figure
out where to point to connect to the existing data. Can you tell me the nominal
path of the older (XP) data, and/or the appropriate file name, and/or the setup
file that contains a path pointer for the data? Or, if it isn't possible, just
that it isn't possible?

Thanks.

jhc