Import stock price history from QIF?

prl prl at ozemail.com.au
Sun Sep 4 02:56:33 EDT 2011

The QIF export of my accounts from Quicken for Mac 2005 contains stock
prices, in tables like this:

!Type:Prices
"CBA",9.350,"9/11/93",,,0
"CBA",9.500,"7/12/93",,,0
"CBA",12.510,"27/3/97",,,0
"CBA",14.550,"30/9/97",,,0
"CBA",18.060,"27/3/98",,,0
"CBA",18.790,"30/9/98",,,0
"CBA",24.500,"26/3/99",,,0
^

My import of the QIF into Gnucash didn't import the stock prices. A bit
disappointing. I've had a trawl through the gnucash-user and
gnucash-devel archives, and only turned up two mentions of importing
stock price histories into Gnucash. The earlier, from 2003
(https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2003-July/009558.html),
got a reply that said no. The later, from Feb 2010
(https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2010-February/033717.html)
doesn't seem to have been replied to. There doesn't seem to be anything
about this in the FAQ, in the GnuCash Wishlist or in the GnuCash Bugzilla.

Is there any reasonable way that this can be done?

Regards,
Peter