Account security

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Wed Sep 7 16:46:33 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Wed, September 7, 2011 1:43 pm, richardcgeddes at gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a casual user of GNUCash, and am considering allowing other people
> to enter data into GC accounts.
>
> Does GC provide security mechanisms... ie
>
> - password protected accounts,
> - account encryption,
> - logging of account access

GnuCash is not a multi-user application.  As a result, there is no concept
of "user accounts", because gnucash has no concept of a user.  The only
protection you get would be standard filesystem (or database) protection.
Similar for encryption, if you're using encFS then your database will be
encrypted.  As for logging of actions, the only logging are the
transaction logs, but it's designed for disaster recovery, not for
access/auditing.

Hope this helps,

> Thanks
> Richard

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745