Import stock price history from QIF?

prl prl at ozemail.com.au
Fri Sep 9 22:46:18 EDT 2011

On 10/09/11 11:51, prl wrote:
> I'm planning on writing a Perl script to translate QIF closing prices
> into GnuCash "last" prices

In preparation for this I'm looking at what's supposed to be the RELAX
NG schema for the 1.8/2.0 XML file format at
http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/browser/gnucash/trunk/src/doc/xml/gnucash-v2.rnc

Even in the very limited part of it that I'm interested in, it seems to
be an incomplete description of the XML that GnuCash actually uses. The
RELAX NG schema has no mention of the cmdty:get_quotes and
cmdty:quote_source elements in gnc:commodity.

I guess the comment at the beginning really means what it says:
# This schema is non-normative; files emitted by gnucash <= 2.0 (and perhaps
# later) that do not validate against it likely represent a problem with the
# schema, not the file.

Peter