an error occurred while running report

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Sep 10 23:36:28 EDT 2011

On Sep 10, 2011, at 7:57 PM, alfggmb at verizon.net wrote:

> Sent trace files and image of transaction report error
>
> AL
>
> alfggmb

Please remember to copy the list on all replies. Cryptic questions with no context and a different subject line doesn't help, either. (I changed the subject line back.) Yes, your trace file links made it to the list, but I'm not an M$Win user or maintainer, so I'm probably not the one to help you.

That said, it's complaining about the date-time 0 0 0 12 31 1969, which is apparently illegal in MSWindows (I only know this because it was mentioned recently for another problem.) It's possible, but unlikely, that the bad date is in the report options under the General tab. Failing that, it's one or more bad transactions. You can find them by switching to the "Accounts" tab and running Edit>Find. Where it says "Description", change that to "Date Posted" and put "1/1/1970" in the text box, then click on the Find button in the lower left corner.

If that still doesn't work, you have two options: Get a Mac, which doesn't have this problem (it will happily accept any dates after 14 December 1901) or ask again on the list and perhaps someone who knows M$Win better than I (a low bar indeed) will have some other ideas.

Regards,
John Ralls