Reporting question **Trying again my example**

Bernardo Romero bromero at scalaria.co
Tue Sep 13 14:13:57 EDT 2011

Dennis, that approach didn't quite work for me. I now have a much better
solution which is

1. Use a MySQL backend.
2. Create triggers and View as per
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnome.apps.gnucash.user/39698
3. Create another view with aggregates per account and subqueries smmarizing
start and end balances and the transactions of the period of time chosen.
4. Connect to that view from Excel.

I now have exactly what I needed, but I obviously need to go every time and
change the dates I want to report on.

I hope this helps other people needing to report on this format (Colombia
anyone?)

bromero at scalaria.co

www.scalaria.co