What's the symbol for the Dow Jones Industrial Average?

David Carlson carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 14 20:01:05 EDT 2011

On 9/14/2011 4:58 PM, Mike Roberts wrote:
> OK, my bad.  I know finance.yahoo.com will give you the Dow Jones
> Industrials for ^DJI, but I have never tried to retrieve it into GnuCash.  I
> download a lot of stock prices daily into GC, but no indexes.  I am curious
> as to what you would do with it?
>
> Mike

Mike,

I don't know who started this thread, but that person may have noticed
that the predefined default account set for investors does include an
asset account named Market Index.
If something is there, I often try to use it.
Actually, I do a lot of things simply because I can, and not for any
other reason.  I also use a dandy little program called Take Stock
<http://.ravib.com/takestock> when I am curious about some security's
price history.

David Carlson