Reconcile Cannot Gain Focus Resend

Jim Muchow jmuchow at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 17:46:37 EDT 2011

Man what an idiot I am. Third try. Please ignore the other messages.

I have been using gnucash for years, mostly without problems, and even
then the problems I encountered I could figure out. This time
though...

At present, I am using gnuCash 2.2.9 on a Ubuntu 10.04.

Usually when one starts a Reconcile, a sub-window or pop-up called
Reconcile Information occurs in which one enters/corrects the date,
the balance and the interest. As of today, for some but not all of my
accounts, when I start a Reconcile, two sub-windows or pop-ups occur.
One is the Reconcile Window but I don't know what the other one is; in
a second it's gone. The problem is that it apparently takes the window
focus, the one internal to gnucash with it when it disappears, because
the Reconcile Window is inaccessible; indeed, gnucash in general is
inaccessible at this point.

The only way to recover to recover this is to "kill" gnucash.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jim Muchow