New User to GnuCash

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Sep 27 09:47:10 EDT 2011

On Sep 27, 2011, at 6:03 AM, Jon & Lacy McBride wrote:

> John,
> I have attempted several times to add more then three splits and the
> register wont let me. I enter the new transaction and click split enter the
> splits how do I get a new line when there are no more to chose from. I have
> attempted it every way I can think of. If you can further assist that would
> be helpful.

Lacy,

Please follow Yawar's instructions about replying and keep the messages on the list.

You should get a new blank split when you tab (not return!) out of the bottom split, for as many splits as you want.
In case that's not clear, after entering the amount in the last split, press tab (twice if the amount is in the "deposit" column, because you need to pass through the "withdrawal" column.

Regards,
John Ralls