Revenue Total Anomaly

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Sep 27 16:47:27 EDT 2011

On Sep 27, 2011, at 12:17 PM, Anthony Nelson wrote:

>   My fiscal year runs from October 1 to September 30.
> As I prepare to end the year I have discovered an alarming anomaly that I've
> not been able to resolve.
>
> If I run a P&L report or Income Statement report from January 1 2011 to
> September 30 2011 the revenue total is *more* than when I run the same
> reports from October 1 2010 to September 30 2011.  The second report is a
> superset of the first but the total revenue is less.
>
> Does anyone have a idea of where I have erred?

You've got at least one negative split in one of your income accounts between 1 Oct and 31 Dec 2010. If you expand the depth on your P&L report so that you can see all of the subaccounts, then compare the amounts you'll see which subaccount it is (or subaccounts they are, if there's more than one).

Regards,
John Ralls