Error Message

Yawar Amin yawar.amin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 16:46:00 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 2:36 PM, Sakon, Nicholas (DHS)
<SakonN at michigan.gov>wrote:

> No suitable backend was found for file://C:\Documents and
> Settings\sakonn\Desktop\Unionville Fire Dept..gnucash.

Where did you obtain this file? Did someone else give it to you or did you
create it yourself? If yourself, did you create the file on a different
computer and save it to a SQL storage format, and then transfer the file to
your current computer? What versions of GnuCash were being used by you or
anyone else who may have changed the file?

My first thought is this is a SQLite GnuCash file, which your current copy
of GnuCash can't read because it doesn't have the DBI backend (maybe it's an
older version).

Yawar