Python bindings by default

Wm Tarr wm.tarr at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 15:27:09 EDT 2012

On 2012-04-10 00:39, jamie campbell wrote:
> I am currently working on this (and I've read the other replies to the
> thread by eg Derek and John for hints).  We have a client who needs it
> to be done, so, we may need to do a locally patched version or some
> such until/unless it makes it into the canonical GnuCash branch (Derek
> mentions in another post that inclusion in 2.6 is a maybe, which
> implies definitely not 2.4).  I've refreshed myself on it via running
> the built-in tests in /src/optional/python-bindings/tests, and I'll
> also be submitting patches to get the example scripts functional again
> as needed (eg new_book_with_opening_balances.py was broken and I've
> fixed it).  If ParIT needs to (hopefully temporarily or
> semi-temporarily) do a non-canonical build for it, we can make it
> available for download.  But, I don't want to step on official GnuCash
> toes any more than is needed.
>
> Anyway, I'll post more info as it becomes available, will likely take
> some time...

I'm working on this too.  Which python are you aiming to use?  I 'd
guess 2.7 (that is the one I'm aiming for anyway).

Are you using
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Windows#Instructions_for_an_.28almost.29_automated_build
as your base because I'm finding some bits of that aren't working and
I'm considering a re-write using cygwin rather than mingw as it may make
things easier for Win folks to follow.

If you've got further that "almost automated build" I'd be interested in
sharing experiences with you.

P.S.  Should we not be having this conversation in -devel ?
--
  Wm ...