Desperate GnuCash user (CSV import into GnuCash)

Shokster ashok.sinha at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 04:19:54 EDT 2012

Looking at the sample transactions that you've posted above, here's another
quick edit that you should do to your input file before importing.

=>Remove the header row - "Transaction date","Date posted","Card
holder","Description","Type","Amount".

During the import, I guess you are assigning the right column to the
appropriate heading (use the pulldown menu to asign which column is date,
transaction details and deposit).

I import credit card info without a balance column and there's no problem.
Also, I wonder if the double quotes are messing up something in the csv
reader. My input file doesn't have double quotes.