Account ID

Shokster ashok.sinha at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 04:28:33 EDT 2012

That right, that is the one option I found that could be built upon further.

Problem is that this needs to be unique. However, in GnuCash, two or more
accounts could (accidentally) be assigned the same account id, and Gnucash
doesn't check for this uniqueness.

If there were a unique id, this is what I'd pick in the transactions column,
this would be the general handle on the specific account through the GnuCash
package.

In real accounting and bookkeeping, this is how it's done. There is always a
unique id that is matched with the folder in the physical filing cabinet.