Testing reports

John Layman john.layman at laymanandlayman.com
Thu Apr 12 10:06:55 EDT 2012

> Tests which fail for insignificant reasons (like case in an SGML tag)
waste
> developer time and are worse than useless.

One could argue that it's a bigger waste of developer time to complicate
test creation in the interest of discriminating that which is significant
from that which is not in every imaginable potential scenario.  By
implication, you appear to be saying that the trivial work of updating a
test oracle is a poor use of the programming artiste's time.  Artists do
clean their own brushes, you know.  Doing so may be trivial, but it's part
of the process.