Testing reports

Colin Scott gnucash at double-bars.net
Thu Apr 12 13:58:00 EDT 2012

> In any other case, though, that level of change awareness is too
> expensive

Not half as bloody expensive as a bug (ie, an incorrect change) introduced that you can't find because you make too many assumptions about the correctness of the output from others' modules/libraries.  BTDGTTS!  (And yes, I was working in commercial development at the time, and the incident was one of the reasons for developing an auto-test environment in the first place!)

> or the comparison document gets robotically changed to match the
> new output.

Which is, of course, exactly what *should* happen - once one has established that all the output changes flagged are harmless and/or WAD

Colin