Testing reports

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Apr 13 21:28:30 EDT 2012

"John Layman" <john.layman at laymanandlayman.com> writes:

> Regardless of the fact that GnuCash is built on the backs of voluntary
> effort, it serves a customer.   And the Cost of Quality where GnuCash is
> concerned is no different than with a commercial product.  Whether or not
> GnuCash is purchased for a price, the customer does incur cost in using it,
> and what are termed (in CoQ lingo) External Failure Costs are largely borne
> by the customer.  Just as with commercial products, the cost of GnuCash can
> rise beyond what the customer is willing to pay.

At which point the devs would gladly give you triple your money back.

Seriously, this is a volunteer effort.  People scratch their own
itches. If you don't like it, you don't have to use GnuCash.  Or you can
pull up your breeches and help out because it's YOUR itch and you see a
problem that needs to be solved.

Honestly, that's pretty much how every dev got involved -- they saw a
problem that they thought needed to be fixed.

So, like John Ralls, I eagerly await to see your patches that fix this.