Account tab no longer visible when I open my ledger file

Michael Carney mwc-250sav at att.net
Sun Apr 15 16:26:50 EDT 2012

On 04/15/2012 01:05 PM, Geert Janssens wrote:
> On 15-04-12 21:49, Michael Carney wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> This morning, after opening my 1.6MB ledger, an expected scheduled
>> transaction (paycheck deposit) dialog was displayed, in which I
>> selected "review transaction". After viewing the scheduled
>> transaction tab and accepting it, the Account tab disappeared and has
>> since refused to display whenever I open the ledger (I did save the
>> ledger after accepting the scheduled transaction).
>>
>> The version I'm using is 2.4.10, under Fedora 16.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>
> I have no idea why it disappeared, but you should be able to reopen an
> Account tab via
> View -> New Accounts Page.

When I do that, I am presented with an empty Accounts page, with $0
totals in the summary bar.

Since my post, I copied a saved version from April 12th to a new ledger
name, "ledger.test" opened it successfully, accepted the expected
scheduled transaction, and added some liability transactions from
receipts I have. Worked great. Then, thinking my problem is solved, I
copied the "ledger.test" back to "ledger", and tried to open it. Same
problem -- empty Account page. I started again from the April 12th
version, created a new ledger.test, and accepted the expected scheduled
transaction, and re-entered the liability transactions.  Saved. As long
as I use ledger.test, things work as expected. Copy ledger.test to the
original "ledger", and try to open it -- No accounts. Very strange. Is
there some other file that's sensitive to the name of the ledger file
that could be corrupted?

Thanks,
Mike