Testing reports

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Wed Apr 18 17:06:10 EDT 2012

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 21:46 +0100 (BST)
"Colin Scott" <gnucash at double-bars.net> wrote:

> > Absolutely untrue.  There have been bounty requests for features.
> >  With free software, you have a chance of having your request
> > fulfilled.  Try that with Quicken.
>
> Hardly free software then, is it?
>
> The point about buying a commercial package is that generally one can
> buy a package covering the featuers that people are asking for in
> here *without* having to pay a premium on top.  Moreover, even if the
> (commercial) package doesn't meet your exact requirements, the
> marketing people will have worked out the *essential* (which clearly
> the gnucash team have not), so they will all be there by default, and
> will probably have worked out what *combinations* of features will
> satisfy the greates number of users.  Gnucash fails here because it
> doesn't seem to understand the word "marketing" ...
>
> Colin

Wrong.
And I feel quite free to point out your error, as you wished to
'educate' me on my apparent failings.
Gnucash understands nothing, as it is inanimate.
The developers of Gnucash understand 'marketing'.
They do not choose to follow your paradigm of 'marketing'.

They do something else instead.

This sort of blustery argument that you are continuing does one thing
only, and that is it polarises viewpoints.
By this stage it is guaranteed that neither side will alter a
viewpoint, but they come far less likely to.

Continuing this sort of argument wastes the one thing that we value and
that is the developer's time.

You appear to be well schooled in the American way of management and
selling. Please round out your education and learn about other ways -
say the Islamic understanding of intellectual property; the forgiveness
of debts in the Jubilee year prescribed in the Torah would be examples.