Moving data to a new computer

Dustin Henning The00Dustin at gmx.net
Fri Apr 20 06:10:02 EDT 2012

Robin,
	I would say no need to double-post, but I accidentally deleted your
original, so the second post was convenient for me.  Export accounts is
mentioned in the help files and specifically says it exports account
structure without data.  You need a .gnucash file (but not from that
function), and don't need a log file, but the .gnucash file needs to come
from your default save place.  I'm not super familiar with macs, but I'm
guessing you could use finder to search for *.gnucash (assuming * is a
wildcard in the search).  You will likely see several backup files with
dates in them (like the date in the log file you had, a backup and log file
is created for each save), and you can copy them as well, but don't need to.
Alternatively, you might be able to do a save as (I don't remember if this
is in the menu, but if it is, you can create a file where you want or notice
where the existing files are when the save as screen comes up).  Good luck,
	Dustin