With all this talk about stocks, here's a question about reverse splits

FireFly fireflys_98 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 23 22:24:31 EDT 2012

I brought a really bad stock (I was stupid, it taught me a good, if expensive lesson)

After owning the stock and watching the value plummet, it then did a reverse split for 1000:1 shares, so I went from having 270 shares, to having 0 shares, and no money for it.

So, my assumption at the time (I actually did this in 2010, but since people are discussing similar items) was that I simply put in a transaction basically removing 270 shares, with no impact to other accounts, this foxed advanced portfolio (shows just $ signs for gain/loss) then later I tried having that with gain/loss parts of a split (moving money from Expenses:Capital Losses From the Stock account (saying I made a loss of my entire amount) but that just seemed to give me a really big commission setting, with the same problem with no gain/losses

I'm all out of ideas, anyone know if this is anything that I can work around, or is this just the way it is

- James Duerr

E-mail: FireFlys_98 at yahoo.com